Thursday, May 19, 2011

Attention Renters

In my casual search for a new apartment, I've come across some annoying trends:

1. There is no such thing as a "non-refundable deposit". That is a fee. 

2. A studio and an efficiency are not the same thing. Remember the movie Big? That was a studio. 


3. Putting an Ikea bunk bed in an efficiency (see #2) does not make your property a "loft". 

4. Philadelphia Management Company: Nobody likes your purple carpet. Nobody. 

5. And AstroTurf is not grass.

Thank you. 

P.S. To everyone who bought an efficiency in the Sylvania, i.e. Arts Condo, this is not a luxury kitchen. Nobody cares about stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops when your "kitchen" belongs on a sailboat.


2 comments:

  1. I lived in the Sylvania back in my first year in Philly, back when it was called the Arts Tower. I had a studio just like the one in the picture except it had not been renovated.

    Had a lot of good times in that little room. Ah, memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at an apartment there back in the day. The small apartments were totally worth it at $600 a month.

    ReplyDelete