Its Music Fund Hall at 808 Locust Street in the Washington Square neighborhood was converted into the largest musical auditorium in Philadelphia by William Strictland in 1824.
The building was renovated by Napoleon Le Brun in 1847 and expanded by Addison Hutton in 1891.
The building was the location of the first Republican National Convention in 1856.
The Music Fund Hall in 1976 during the revitalization of Society Hill and Washington Square
After moving the Society's concerts to the Academy of Music, the building entertained a number of uses including a boxing arena and a tobacco warehouse. The auditorium was demolished to convert the space into condominiums and the remaining facade was removed from the list of National Historic Landmarks. It still holds a place on the National Register of Historic Places.
Music Fund Hall today